Father Daughter Music List
Music for the Father/Daughter Dance at the Wedding Reception
The father daughter dance is a special moment for the bride and her father to share a dance together. It's a great way to acknowledge the father of the bride for his support in her life, for the groom to acknowledge the fathers role and for the bride to have a special moment as a daughter.
Picking the perfect song can be a tough choice. It doesn't seem there is a huge selection of music that isn't too cheesy, too cliche, or totally appropriate for this special dance. We've worked and scoured our library to come up with a complete father daughter dance selection list with previews so that you can find that perfect song for the bride to dance with her father.
Personalize the Dance to Your Tastes
We realize every bride has a different relationship with her father, or if her father has passed away, another role model in her life she would like to share a dance with.
Not every father and not every bride loves to dance. You can always dance to 2 minutes of the chosen song so you have that special moment with your father, but you also don't have to feel awkward or that everyone is waiting for the song to end.
Another option is to dance to the same song as the mother son dance. Both you and your husband can share a moment with each others parents on the dance floor at the same time. Another great option if you don't like to dance or would like to share the moment with your families.
This is a very special moment and many brides like to dance to the whole song with their fathers and this tends to be the most popular option among brides.
Taking Dance Lessons
A great way to make the dance more special is to take lessons with your father before the actual dance. Many dance studios offer special packages to learn dances or songs beforehand so you both feel comfortable when dancing. This is a great way to spend some time with your father before the wedding in a more relaxed setting when jobs, wedding stress, and life doesn't get in the way.
Father Daughter Dance Music
The songs below have been chosen as a great selection of classics, lyrically appropriate, funny and unique songs for the father daughter dance. We've worked on selecting a mixture of songs so you can find the perfect song for the bride to dance with her father to:
- Always Be My Baby - Mariah Carey
- And Then They Do - Trace Adkins
- Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
- Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin (Coast Guard or Navy)
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
- Cleaning This Gun - Rodney Atkins
- Daddy - Beyonce
- Daddy's Hands - Holly Dunn
- Daddy's Little Girl - Al Martino
- Daughters - John Mayer
- Dream Big - Ryan Shupe
- Father and Daughter - Paul Simon
- Father's Eyes - Amy Grant
- Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
- I Loved Her First - Heartland
- I'll Remember - Madonna
- In My Daughters Eyes - Martina McBride
- In My Life - Beatles
- Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
- Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel
- My Girl - Temptations
- My Little Girl - Tim McGraw
- Oh Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
- Songbird - Eva Cassidy
- The Rainbow Connection - Kermit the Frog
- The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
- There You'll Be - Faith Hill
- Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce
- Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
- You Are the Sunshine of My LIfe - Stevie Wonder
- You Don't Have to Let Go - Jessica Simpson
- You And I - Stevie Wonder
- You're My Hero - Teresa James
- You're the Inspiration - Chicago
The Perfect Music For Your Wedding
We would love to talk with you about the music for your wedding. During our initial meeting we will talk about the aspects of your wedding that are most important to you and come up with unique song selections that are meaningful and personal.